Read transport funding bids
Large or complex transport schemes and highway maintenance cannot generally be funded solely from the Council's annual allocation from the Department for Transport for transport schemes and highway maintenance.
The Council looks for alternative funding sources and makes applications to finance key transport projects in the city.
The current bids for funding, and their outcome, are outlined below:
- Southampton City Region Tranche 1 TCF Bid January 2019 - awaiting decision by government
- Southampton City Region TCF Expression of Interest June 2018 - successfully shortlisted
- Eastern Access to Southampton A3024 Bursledon Road NPIF - successful bid
- A335 Junctions - National Productivity Investment Fund 2017/18 - successful bid
- A33/A35 Millbrook Roundabout - successful bid
- Southampton - Driving our cycling ambition into local towns, schools, colleges, and workplaces - successful bid