Read transport funding bids
Large or complex transport schemes and highway maintenance cannot generally be funded solely from the Council's annual allocation from the Department for Transport for transport schemes and highway maintenance.
The Council looks for alternative funding sources and makes applications to finance key transport projects in the city.
The current bids for funding, and their outcome, are outlined below:
- Capability & Ambition Fund - successful
- Active Travel Fund 3 bid - partially successful
- Local Capability Fund - successful
- ZEBRA (Zero Emission Bus) bid - unsuccessful
- Active Travel Fund 2 - successful
- Emergency Active Travel Fund 1 - successful
- Transforming Cities Fund Business Case - successful
- Transforming Cities Fund Tranche 2 Summary Pro-forma - successful
- Solent Future Transport Zone - successful
Active Travel England is the government's executive agency responsible for walking, wheeling and cycling. They require us to submit an annual self-assessment that is used to inform levels of funding. Our first self-assessment submitted in August 2022 can be found here: