This scheme has now been completed.
This proposed scheme would deliver targeted measures to create a continuous cycle corridor between Adanac Park, Lordshill District Centre, hospitals and the city centre. (See the below map for more details). These include:
- Upgrade to the existing off-road cycle route and wayfinding in Lordshill.
- School Streets scheme at Shirley Junior School.
- Changes to Hill Lane including cycle advance lights onwards links to the Common and Bedford Place
- Provide a safe route for key workers and visitors travelling to University Hospital Southampton.
- Create a coherent and safe cycle route along a heavily cycled section of Winchester Road.
- Provide safe routes to walk, cycle and scoot to schools in the Shirley area.