- Where: Stoneham Way and Wide Lane
- When: Monday 27 April 2020 for up to three weeks.
- What: Add anti-skid surfacing, replace old crash barriers and undertake remedial works to Wide Lane
- Why: To improve safety and reduce ponding
Works to install the anti-skid surfacing and install a section of crash barrier were completed as planned before the Coronavirus started to affect our works. We then prioritised essential road maintenance in case we became unable to operate. However the situation has stabilised to an extent and we are more confident that our supply chain will support us to complete these planned works.
The new timeline for these works has been set out below.
At this time construction work is exempt from the latest Government guidance and we are currently working to ensure essential maintenance works are prioritised. This is an evolving situation, for the latest information please follow the council coronavirus updates.
Phases of work
As part of finishing works to Stoneham Way and Wide Lane we will be carrying out some overnight and daytime works as follows, see also map below.
- Install an anti-skid surface treatment in strips up to the signals. COMPLETED
- Replace the crash barrier on the verge southbound from the M27. COMPLETED
- Lane-two closures Stoneman Way southbound and northbound, between Thomas Lewis Way and Bassett Green Road - Monday 27 April for three weeks. This is to replace the crash barrier on the central reservation that protect the footbridge support.
- Closure of Swaythling Arch from Monday 4 May for two weeks. This is a 24-hour closure while we undertake remedial works on Wide Lane adjacent to Swaythling Arch. Wessex Lane will remain open. Pedestrian and Cyclist access will be maintained through Swaythling Arch for most of this time.
- Overnight closure on Wide Lane from Swaythling Arch up to the roundabout with Mansbridge Road; planned for one night on Friday 15 May from 7pm until 6am, however this is weather dependant. This is to resurface and add line markings to a section of Wide Lane.
Some of these works are weather dependent so dates can change. If there is a change of date, advanced warning signs will advise of the new dates closer to the time.
For further information please email email@example.com.